The Vice President, Operations is an extraordinary leader in information technology who will drive solid operations and world-class service delivery to our clients. This individual will be passionate about building a high performance team to deliver exceptional standards-based services to clients with complex Managed Infrastructure environments.
A forward-thinking visionary with a deep understanding of the technology transformation occurring in the market place. They study and think about the trends and how to leverage and benefit from them. This successful candidate will be a master of change, with a desire to work in an entrepreneurial culture with an entrepreneurial mindset – they will look at the org structure, the tools that are used, and the processes that are followed, and make prioritized decisions and recommendations that will require investment.
The VP, Operations is ultimately accountable for the end-to-end delivery and operations of all managed services. This includes service deployment, Network Operations Center (NOC), SLA management, capacity management, incident management, IT security operations, and IT service continuity.
The incumbent will use his/her extensive operating experience and insights to bring the right perspective and structure to the business operations with a clear focus on maximizing service level results, managing risk and optimizing resources. By leveraging his/ her knowledge of best practices across the industry, the VP will promote and support a culture of excellence, by inspiring people, building a strong team and connecting them to the organization’s strategy.
• Building technical expertise across the client facing operations on key supported hardware, network and applications;
• Building leadership throughout the organization and instilling a culture that is empowered to support Next Dimension’s customers;
• Transform Next Dimension to adopt and consume cloud technologies for the benefit of service delivery offerings that continue to differentiate us in the marketplace;
• Prioritize investments in data centre, core network and tools to allow Next Dimension to acquire new customers and support existing customers;
• Identifying the right tools and areas for greater automation to increase operational employee productivity, scalability and ultimately drive client satisfaction;
• Building effective communication and culture across a geographically dispersed work force that includes locations across southern Ontario;
• Developing an agile operations team that can quickly adapt to the rapidly changing technical landscape that they will be supporting.
• Participate as an active member of the Management Team in the development of an overall corporate strategy;
• Drive overall client delivery strategy beyond the day-to-day oversight working closely with the VP, Sales & Marketing;
• Prepare and implement strategic and operational plans and actions to ensure that facilities and systems, procedures, staffing, support services and capacity are available when needed and at required levels;
• Assist in developing the company’s annual technology and service delivery plan and manage areas of responsibility within operating and capital budgets;
• Ownership of all operational processes, maintaining them, improving them and training people on them with an aim towards achieving ultimate efficiency and effectiveness;
• Maintain, support and develop a group of team leaders and managers capable of interacting with clients and staff in a highly credible and professional manner and who instill confidence and credibility;
• Foster a culture of Learning and Continuous improvement within operations and sponsor programs to build capability and potential, including full support and participation in our Monthly Development Plan (MDP) process for all employees.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Experienced in running technology operations and teams that are geographically dispersed;
• Must be an agent of change and be decisive in their role to streamline high quality service delivery;
• Track record of delivering 100% uptime and meeting demanding SLAs;
• Exceptional leadership and team building skills with a track record of recruiting top talent, developing top talent and managing top talent to work cooperatively and effectively together;
• Expert in IT Service Management;
• Thrives in a dynamic work environment by being able to prioritize and help the team to effectively manage a large number of important activities and initiatives;
• Deep understanding of mission critical, high availability systems that enable strong problem solving skills to resolve complex issues;
• 15+ years’ experience in Information Technology Operations;
• 7+ years in a senior management role (evidence leading high performance managers)
Next Dimension offers a wide range of benefits, opportunities for advancement, fully paid professional education, travel opportunities and regular team activities. Our office in Windsor is an open concept, high-tech, and fast-paced environment with plenty of amenities. These elements all contribute to an amazing work environment that’s fun, exciting and deeply rewarding.