Successful applicants must possess expert problem solving skills with the ability to work independently and with teams to meet aggressive project timelines. It is also essential for our consultants to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of technical personnel, executives, managers, and subject matter experts. We are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic individuals who share our core values and our commitment to Integrity, innovation, client needs, and ongoing professional development.
Next Dimension Network Security Engineers must be comfortable working with mid-sized and large organizations on IT infrastructure projects; in particular, network assessment, VOIP assessment, security assessment, design, and implementations utilizing Cisco and other network vendor technologies. Our Engineers are expected to provide expert technical assistance and they are often responsible for client user training and feedback.
Tasks will include but not be limited to items such as:
• Firewalls (Cisco ASA/ASAv, Barracuda, etc…)
• Security Solutions (Cisco FirePOWER, Umbrella, etc…)
• Documentation including Design & Final “Built As” configurations
• Interacting with Next Dimension network techs and/or Cisco TAC for more advanced troubleshooting
• Security Audits & Providing Recommendations to secure the environment
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• 5+ Years working on Cisco networking hardware, including the following: Routers, Switches, ASA’s, WAP, and Content Filtering Solutions
• Experience configuring IPSec, GRE, DMVPN, and other VPN technologies
• Experience configuring and managing Cisco FireAMP & Umbrella
• Experience with dynamic routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF & BGP)
• Experience configuring AnyConnect with authentication handled by RADIUS/LDAP or complete DAP solutions
• Demonstrated experience with Level 2 support for large multi-site corporate networks
• Excellent knowledge of OSI Reference Model, TCP/IP (IPv4 & IPv6) and common RFCs
Preferred Technical Qualifications (one or more of these would be preferred):
• Experience with MPLS network and related technologies and concepts like VRF, VPLS
• Hands-on experience of the physical layer like fiber optics, cabling, racks, power, UPS, etc.
• Previous carrier or service provider experience will be considered a huge asset in this position
• Understanding of VMware and networking in a virtualized environment
• Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
• Ability to configure Microsoft DHCP, DNS, and NPS services
• Cisco iWAN configuration experience considered an asset.
• Experience with 2FA deployments
• Experience with Vulnerability Scanning – Able to explain the differences of CVE, CVSS, and NVD
Education and Certification
• Related Technical Diploma/Degree is encouraged
• Current and verifiable Cisco CCNP Security or CCNA Security + another CCNA designation credentials are expected in this position, candidates that without a CCNP Security would be expected to achieve the certification within 90 days.
• CCNP Data Center considered an asset
Next Dimension is an MSP (Managed Service Provider) with offices in Windsor ON (HQ), London ON, Waterloo ON and Detroit MI. We’re a full service IT Company with customers across the globe offering a wide range of services including:
• Cloud Hosted & On Premise solutions
• Backup & Disaster Recovery
• Internet & Intranet connectivity solutions
• Virtual Service Desk
• Monitoring & Incident Response
• Consulting & Assessments
• Software Development